TUTORING RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Students are expected to be prepared and ready to learn.
- Students are expected to bring all necessary materials to each tutoring appointment: textbook, notebook, calculator, and laptop (if needed), etc.
- Tutors will provide reinforcement of classroom instruction through demonstration, explanation, clarification, modeling, etc. Tutors will NOT: do your homework for you, write your paper, give you the answer, or “cram” material under an unreasonable time limit.
- Students agree that tutoring will not necessarily result in perfect work and does not guarantee an “A” or a passing grade. Success in a course is dependent on the student implementing sound study strategies and putting in the needed effort, not on the tutor.
- LENGTH OF SESSION: Tutoring sessions can be scheduled as a 60 minute session or as a 30 minute session. Since tutoring sessions are scheduled back-to-back, each session will end approximately five minutes early to end current session properly and to prepare for the next session.
- LOCATION OF SESSION: All tutoring sessions will take place at the Howland Public Library or at the Austintown Public Library.
- PAYMENT: Payment is due no later than each tutoring session. You are encouraged to pay in advance by cash, check (payable to BrainSTEM Tutoring), or though PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please consult the payment table for appropriate amount.
- CANCELLATIONS: Tutoring sessions must be cancelled or rescheduled with at least 24 hours notice, or a cancellation fee of $10.00 will be expected. Students who cancel without notice or who are a “no-show” will be charged in full for the session. Emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- TUTOR LIMITATIONS: As a condition of their employment, our tutors have agreed not to offer their services independently to any BrainSTEM Tutoring clients past or present. Any independent tutoring will be considered breach of contract. As a consequence, the tutor will no longer be eligible to work for BrainSTEM Tutoring, and the client will no longer be eligible to use the services of BrainSTEM Tutoring.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Despite all known and unknown risks, I hereby expressly and voluntarily remise, release, acquit, satisfy and forever discharge Laura McCleery and Jessie Jones-Canter dba BrainSTEM Tutoring and agree to hold it harmless of and from all, and all manner of action and action omission(s), cause and cause of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties covenants, contracts, controversies, agreement, promises, variances, trespasses, damages, judgments, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law or equity, including, but not limited to, any and all claims which allege negligent acts and/or omissions committed by Laura McCleery and Jessie Jones-Canter dba BrainSTEM Tutoring, whether the action arises out of any damage, loss, personal injury, or death to me or my child(ren)/ward(s), while participating in or as a result of participating in any of the ACTIVITIES. This Release of Liability is effective and valid regardless of whether the damage, loss or death as a result of any act or omission on the part of Laura McCleery and Jessie Jones-Canter dba BrainSTEM Tutoring.